How is digital era changing the business world? Where can you network and look for new business partners in a time when everyone is tied down to their smart phones and tablets? Well the most famous and efficient social media platform where mostly business people can present themselves in a completely different light than on Facebook and Instagram, is Linkedin.
Below you can read more about how to use Linkedin for business purposes and optimize your profile to make it more visible.
LinkedIn is a social network dedicated to business. The number of users is growing very fast and today most employed people or entrepreneurs already use LinkedIn.
LinkedIn has several advantages, among which I would like to point out:
- You can post less often, but the response to posts will last longer.
- By writing LinkedIn articles, you build your reputation and gain followers in your niche.
- It has an exceptional search engine with which you can quickly find people
- The response rate to messages you send to other people is high.
LinkedIn allows you to create a personal profile, a company LinkedIn page and a Show case page to present a product or brand.
Realistically speaking, its good to create a LinkedIn businesses page of a company already for the sake of quality of your business. It is necessary to fill in all the necessary components (name, profile picture, title picture, company description, contact information, company history).
An important feature of the LinkedIn business site is to connect it to all the personal profiles of the people employed in that company.
Plus, it’s one more hit on Google when people search for your business. They see a nicely arranged presentation of your business.
But what is really useful is a personal LinkedIn profile.
Get the digital index of the book "Digital marketing from A to Z".
Your first goal is that your personal profile gets an All Stars status by LinkedIn.
You will achieve this by following the instructions below:
- The name of the profile should of course be your personal name and surname. You can also add an interesting emoji that will make your name stand out a bit.
- Photo - must be professional. Get dressed in a business attire and take a photo specifically for LinkedIn. A photo creates the first impression of you as a business person. Therefore, I do not recommend a T-shirt with print.
- Cover photo. The format of this photo is very narrow and elongated. Ideally, you should use a photo on which your product or service is being used or your personal business photo.
- Headline - here you briefly write what you do. The secret is to use the words on which you want to appear high among the hits on LinkedIn. Between the words themselves, it’s good to use emojis to brighten up the headline.
–100 € discount on all e-courses
- Enter the correct information about your location, institutions where you were educated. On LinkedIn, the most important thing is to inspire trust in people.
- A longer description follows in the About category. The language of LinkedIn is English. Therefore, the description should be in English. In addition to it, you can paste a description in your own language.
- It is important to know that LinkedIn, like Instagram, sorts and searches for content through hashtags. So add them everywhere, in all your texts, articles, posts, comments, hashtags with the keywords for which you want to rank high on when searching on LinkedIn.
- In Experiences, fill in all the work experience you have had so far. It is important that other people see the breadth of your work experience. If you are still young or a student, also enter student jobs and internships.
- The next very important area is Skills. Enter the knowledge you actually master in. It is good that there is at least thirty of these skills. Visitors to your personal profile will then be able to award you with Endorsments. It is extremely important that you get as many Recommendations as possible from your business partners. This is a strong signal to website visitors.
- The number of endorsments and recommendations also affects the strength of your LinkedIn profile. And also where your profile will be displayed in searches.
- Regularly, once a week, write an article related to your area of business and publish it under LinkedIn article. Almost no one does this, but if you do, you will gain a good number of followers and new contacts from your industry.
- The essence of LinkedIn is connecting, networking. So it’s a good idea to use the LinkedIn app a few times a week and comment on other people’s posts on LinkedIn (always tag people when you comment on their post and add all relevant hashtags to which you want to be be seen in LinkedIn searches).
- Also make a post regarding your area of work every few days. It’s great if your post has an attachment, maybe a pdf. This means that you have prepared something interesting, useful for others. LinkedIn loves such posts and shows them to a larger number of people.
- As on other platforms, video is very important, especially live video. As always in digital marketing, what you talk about, what you write about, what you talk about in videos, solve the problems and fears of your potential customers, communicate and connect with them.
The purpose of LinkedIn is virtual networking and helping other people who need your expertise. So if you are an entrepreneur and are looking for new opportunities to connect, join Linkedin now!
I invite you to read another one of our articles on the topic of digital advertising. And for step-by-step video tutorials, check out our hands-on e-courses.
Find out more about them at https://www.martin-orange.com/e-courses/